Writing Help for Authors
Great storytelling isn't based on the most exciting, clever or funny content. It's all about delivery.
Make sure the words on the page
reflect what you had in mind.
You've been working on this book for months (or years!), and you're finally ready for the next step, hiring an editor. Believe me, I understand at this point it's become like your baby. You've carried it in your thoughts for so long that you're nervous about handing it over to some stranger's chopping block.
This is more than just having a fresh pair of eyes proofread for typos. The complete story is fully contained in your mind. While it's impossible to fit the entire panoramic view of your thoughts into a single book, a precise editor will point out the gaps and wrinkles and work with you to translate what's written into the complete story you intended.
Ready to hand your "baby" over for its first trim?
Let's get started.
Click HERE for samples.
Click HERE to find out how the process works.
See below for services offered.
Tell Your Story with Successful Improvements!
AVAILABLE SERVICES INCLUDE
- Editorial Assessment (Introductory or Full)
- Manuscript Editing (developmental, copy edit, proofread)
- Organization: outline to maintain natural progression
- Focus: clarity and relevance
- Revise: correct spelling, grammar, punctuation
- Preservation: authentic tone and style
- Commentary: detailed notes with suggestions for adjustments, corrections, and re-organization if necessary
- Creation of back cover text and foreword (if needed)
- For Self-Publishing
- Custom page layout and text format
- Preparation of interior pages for print production
Full-service manuscript editing for:
Christian ministry, women, family, autobiography / memoir, journal, poetry
Youth (fiction and nonfiction)
Simple illustrated (infant/pre-school), early readers,