Writing Help for Authors
Great storytelling isn't based on the most exciting, clever, or funny content. It's all about delivery.
You've been working on this book for months or years(!), and you're finally ready for the next step, hiring an editor. Believe me, I understand at this point your book feels like your baby.
You've carried it in your thoughts for so long that you're nervous about handing it over to some stranger's chopping block.
This is more than just having a fresh pair of eyes proofread for typos.
The complete story is fully contained in your mind. While it's impossible to fit the entire panoramic view of your thoughts into a single book, a precise editor will point out the gaps and wrinkles and work with you to transform what's written into the complete story you intended.
Think about why you wrote this book. It wasn’t an easy process, but something moved you to sit down and write out your thoughts. Whether this is your very first book, or the final edition in a series, you want your audience to hear, feel, and experience what you have in mind.
My job as an editor is to make sure your intended purpose is reflected through the words on the page, in a way that readers will understand and appreciate.
These are your words. Use them to tell your story.
Ready to hand your "baby" over for its first trim?
Let's get started.
Click HERE for samples.
Click HERE to find out how the process works.
See below for services offered.
Tell Your Story with Successful Improvements!
AVAILABLE SERVICES INCLUDE
- Editorial Assessment
- Introductory (includes up to 3,000 words)
- Full Evaluation (covers entire manuscript, cost based on total word count)
- Manuscript Editing (developmental, line edit, copy edit)
- Focus: purpose, audience, desired benefit
- Organize: structure and relevance, outline to maintain natural progression
- Collaborate: detailed notes with suggestions for adjustments, corrections, and re-organization
- Revise: spelling, grammar, punctuation, clarity
- Preserve: authentic tone and style
- For Self-Publishing
- Standard page layout and text format
- Preparation of interior pages for proof production
- Creation of foreword and back cover description (additional cost)
Full-service manuscript editing for:
Autobiography/memoir, Christian ministry, youth programs, women, family, personal journal
Youth (fiction and nonfiction)
Children's picture books, early readers
Gerd Altman https://pixabay.com/de/users/geralt-9301/?tab=latest